For 25 years, ABC of Sacramento has run the Business Volunteers for the Arts program, facilitating over $1 million in pro bono services to artists and arts organizations. Sacramento’s arts scene has grown exponentially over that time, but the region still lacks a pathway to give emerging artists the tools, community, and exposure to establish themselves as sustainable businesses.
By curating a diverse group of the region’s top emerging artists, creative start-ups and arts organizations, ABC has been able to develop a pathway to sustainability for local talent, while also establishing our region as a hub for the arts!
Our first group of artists represents a cross-section of the capital region’s creative scene:
- Project4trees (a positive hip-hop group)
- Tapigami (a start-up based around the tape art of Danny Scheible)
- L/C Mural & Design (a muralist team)
- New Helvetia Theatre (a nonprofit musical theatre company)
- Sol Collective (a nonprofit based on community development and training),
- Sugar Skull Art (based on the Latino art of sugar skull making by Rob-O),
- Eben07 (a web comic series written by Eben Burgoon),
- Chalk it Up (one of the region’s most popular art festivals), and
- Juniper James (an online magazine/pr company for local fashion designers and artisans). Read the rest of this entry »