Americans for the Arts is proud to announce the release of Arts & Economic Prosperity III, our third study of the nonprofit arts and culture industry’s impact on the nation’s economy. These studies are the most potent and oft-cited advocacy tool used to justify public and private sector support to nonprofit arts organizations. This new study is our largest ever, featuring findings from 156 study regions (116 cities and counties, 35 multicounty regions, and 5 states). Data were collected from a remarkable 6,080 nonprofit arts and culture organizations and 94,478 of their attendees across all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
THE ARTS MEAN BUSINESS!
- America’s nonprofit arts and culture industry generates $166.2 billion in economic activity every year–$63.1 billion in spending by organizations and an additional $103.1 billion in event-related spending by audiences.
- The national impact of the economic activity from America’s nonprofit arts and culture industry supports 5.7 million jobs and generates $29.6 billion in government revenue.
- Between 2000 and 2005, the nonprofit arts and culture industry grew 24 percent, from $134 billion to $166.2 billion.
- Event related spending by the audiences of nonprofit arts and culture organizations boasts an even greater increase of 28 percent-from $80.8 billion in 2000 to $103.1 billion in 2005.
Â ORDER THE STUDY TODAY!
Arts & Economic Prosperity III Highlights Brochure
Make an impact the next time you are lobbying for increased funding for the arts by proving that the arts mean business! This beautiful, eight panel brochure presents the highlighted findings from the national report, and works well as a “leave behind” piece. These brochures are priced to go–perfect for any large meeting of stakeholders or advocates.
Americans for the Arts Member and Nonmember price: $1.00
($.50 each for orders of more than 10 and $.25 for more than 100)
Product #: 100096
Arts & Economic Prosperity III Summary Report
For a more in-depth look at the national study, findings, and methodology, order the 20-page Summary Report.Â Perfect advocacy tools for Board Members, government officials, and other stakeholders.
Americans for the Arts Member price: $7.50 ($5.00 each for orders of more than 10)
Nonmember price: $10.00 ($7.50 each for orders of more than 10)
Product #: 100095
Arts & Economic Prosperity IIIÂ Full National Report
A complete copy of the report (over 300 pages) which details the study methodology and provides the complete findings for all 156 participating communities.
Americans for the Arts Member price: $30.00
Nonmember price: $40.00
Product #: 100094
Arts & Economic Prosperity III Package Best Deal — a 28% Savings!
This boxed set of the new Arts & Economic Prosperity III report contains all the materials you’ll need for your organization and its stakeholders. From the full report to a good number of summaries and brochures to pass on to others, you’ll have the necessary information for Board Meetings, community presentations, and other advocacy opportunities. The set contains:
1 Full Report
10 Report Summaries
50 Report Brochures
Americans for the Arts Member price: $75.00
Nonmember price: $110.00
Product #: 100097
DATES TO REMEMBER & UPCOMING SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
A series of release events and publications are planned for the upcoming months, and a few key dates are listed below. Randy Cohen, Vice President of Policy and Research, will be traveling to many partner communities to help promote their local findings. Check out Americans for the Arts new blog, ArtsBlog, throughout the summer months for tales of his trips entitled On the Road to Prosperity, and entries featuring the great efforts of our partner communities as they release their Arts & Economic Prosperity III findings!
Dates to Remember:
- Tuesday, May 22, 10:00 a.m. ET is the release of the national economic impact findings to the media.
- A Congressional Briefing will also take place on Capitol Hill on May 22.
- Friday, June 1, is a plenary session about the study at our Annual Convention in Las Vegas focusing on the national data of the study.
- Wednesday, June 6, the 156 local studies will be released at a press conference and policy forum in Chicago.
There are many national, statewide, and local events and publication opportunities that follow in the ensuing months. Email email@example.com to see if any Arts & Economic Prosperity III events are planned in your community, or if you’d like to schedule an event!